Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interview Success!

Last night I conducted three separate video interviews that should greatly improve my project. Two interviews were alone, one each with my dad and I telling our own stories and memories of the marathon, and then one together where you can see the chemistry between us and we talk a little bit more about running and its affect on our lives through the marathon goal set in January. I think they went very well and I can't wait to see them on screen to see how they look...fingers crossed that the tape transfers perfectly over at Parker Media Lab!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you did those additional interviews. I think it's important to develop the father-son thing, because that's what makes this story unique. Also, I don't know if you intended to have The Boss (I think that's who you had) play throughout, but if so I'd resist. I think this came up in class...perfect for the beginning, but maybe a bit much for the whole thing. One idea at the beginning might be to have it start out really quiet, you jogging in the woods or something, with just a few random foreshadowing type comments, then a rush of sound from all the runners crossing the bridge to go with those overheads...or if you don't have that kind of audio then the Springsteen...or both. I can't remember exactly how you started, but it would be cool to have a wall of sound hit the viewer to drive home the overwhelming hugeness of this event. Looking forward to seeing your new work.

    ReplyDelete